Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Welcome and Hello

So, welcome and hello (and for those in the Arabic dance world, "ahlan wa sahlan")!  I hope you enjoy your visit to these pages.

Kalirah Arts was founded in 2012 to allow me to take the next step as an artist.  It is a diverse business covering performance art (primarily "bellydance" classes and event entertainment), fine art (line art drawings and occasional paintings), photographic art (you guessed it!), and the occasional costuming design project.  While this will probably never be a full-time occupation, it does provide a sense of joy to be able to provide these services to the community of Juneau and elsewhere. 

The primary reason I decided to start a blog is to help students and clients (potential, current, and former) keep apprised of current offerings and events.  Specifically for Kalirah Arts, as I venture into the world of a small business owner, but also for other local events and organizations of interest as they come to my attention.  Many postings may be similar to those posted elsewhere (e-mail notifications, Facebook, and the website--once it becomes active at least), so pick your favorite method of communication or be prepared for duplicate info! 

This blog will otherwise discuss a great deal on bellydance-related topics.  And there are some fabulous, thoughtful, and studious bloggers out there, so fair warning that in addition to my own postings I'll be posting links and responses to blogs as their writings move me. 

Thank you ("shukran") for your patronage!
 ~ Kalirah

No comments:

Post a Comment